Post Top Ad


Monday, 3 August 2020

Encroachments at market

Is a civic issue bothering you? Are you agitated over the lack of concern? Is there something heartening that you feel needs to be highlighted? Or a picture which in your opinion ought to be seen by many, and not just you?

The Tribune invites its readers to have their say. Please email at:

Encroachments at market

ENCROACHMENTS on the market opposite Sector 17, Kurukshetra, are a constant trouble to pedestrians. The footpaths are encroached by shopkeepers that make it difficult for people to walk and stroll. Thanesar Municipal Corporation must look into the issue and do the needful immediately. Ravinder Malik, Kurukshetra

PM must look into SYL issue

FOR a solution to the knotty dispute over SYL canal construction, the PM must call for a meeting with top political leaders from both the states. According to the Reorganisation Act, Haryana is entitled to receive 3.5 million acre-foot (MAF) of water from Punjab rivers. The state is already receiving 1.7 million acre-foot of that and the dispute is over the remaining 1.8 million acre-foot of water. All the political parties of Punjab have taken a rigid stand and declared that no water will be given to Haryana thus it is difficult for the Cheif Ministers to negotiate a settlement by third week of August as directed by the Supreme Court. RN Malik, OP Goyal, Randheer Singh, RS Rathi, retd engineers, Haryana

People must don mask

I recently went outdoors for buying some medicines and other essential work. To my surprise people were not at practicing social distancing or following other norms such as wearing a mask. A number of people were found flouting the government advisory and putting their own and others lives at risk. People must take the Covid pandemic seriously and should act responsible. Till the time we don't have a vaccine to the disease, we must follow the precautions to avoid catching infection. Ramesh Gupta, Narwana

Devise way to know status of complaint

THE complainants who hand over their grievances personally at the grievance redressal cell should be provided with some window where they can know its action taken status. Home Minister Anil Vij should look into the issue and get the needful done so that the complainants through some mail ID or mobile phone number. As a complaint is submitted through a mobile phone only so the concerned staff should inform at the same number. Avinash Prabhakar, Bhiwani

from The Tribune

No comments:

Post a comment