Breaking

Post Top Ad

SEMrush

Friday, 9 October 2020

Crackers catch fire, three injured

Tribune News Service

Yamunanagar, October 8

Three persons sustained burn injuries after a huge cache of crackers stored in a house in Srinagar Colony of Jagadhri caught fire today.

The police are yet to determine the exact cause of fire, but short circuit is suspected to be one of the reasons behind it.

The victims have been identified as Raj Rani (65) and her grandchildren Priyanshi (13) and Gokul (9). They have been admitted to Civil Hospital, Jagadhri.

According to information, Sanjeev Kumar allegedly stored a huge consignment of crackers illegally at his house ahead of Diwali.

The crackers kept in the house suddenly caught fire at about 11 am. In the fire, Sanjeev Kumar’s mother Raj Rani, his daughter Priyanshi and son Gokul sustained burn injuries. They were rushed to the Civil Hospital.

A person of Srinagar Colony said when the fire broke out, an explosion was heard in the colony.

After getting information about the fire, two fire engines were pressed into service to douse it. Sumesh Pal, Investigating Officer, said a huge cache of burnt crackers was lying on the spot. “We are yet to find the exact cause of fire as the statements of the injured persons are yet to be recorded,” said Sumesh Pal. Puran Singh, SHO, city police station, Jagadhri, said a police team had been constituted to investigate into the matter.



from The Tribune https://ift.tt/2FdpcSi

No comments:

Post a comment