Breaking

Post Top Ad

SEMrush

Wednesday, 25 November 2020

Neighbour acts as real-life hero

Tribune News Service

Chandigarh, November 24

In what can only be described as an act of heroism, Mohammad Bilal (39), without fearing for his life, rescued a six-month-old girl, Ragni, from a fire caused by a domestic gas leak at Govindpura in Mani Majra on Monday. The minor suffered burn injuries and is undergoing treatment at the PGI. Bilal also suffered minor injuries during the incident.

Bilal's brother Mohammad Harun and neighbours Salman and Anish also suffered injuries while trying to control the fire.

Anish, a vegetable vendor, was trying to fix the regulator on an LPG cylinder when the fire broke out on Monday morning.

Ragni, who was lying on a cot, got trapped in the fire. Her grandfather cried for help.

Anish and Salman were trying to douse the fire. Harun also reached there and tried to cover the cylinder with a wet cloth.

"As I tried to put a cloth on the cylinder, fire suddenly erupted following which all three of us fell away from the cylinder," Harun said.

Anish, Salman and Harun suffered minor burn injuries during the incident.

In the meantime, Bilal, who is a heart patient, reached there and jumped towards the cot to rescue the minor girl. "Without fearing for my life, I went near the cylinder and reached up to the cot," he said.

Bilal fell down while rescuing the baby and suffered injuries on his knee and hands.

"My hair got burnt. However, fortunately, I didn't suffer burn injuries," he said.

Bilal then took the minor girl away from the fire and handed her to a woman, Meenakshi, who without wasting any time rushed the child to the Civil Hospital, Mani Majra, with the help of a motorcyclist. The minor girl was further referred to the PGI.

Bilal and three others were also taken to the hospital. They were later discharged after administering first aid.



from The Tribune https://ift.tt/2UW6tPq

No comments:

Post a comment