Breaking

Post Top Ad

SEMrush

Monday, 21 December 2020

Tragedy befalls family of bride-to-be on wedding eve

Tribune News Service

Chandigarh, December 20

A tragedy struck the family of 26-year-old Roopa who was to marry tomorrow. On the day of her mehndi ceremony, her jhuggi in Colony No. 4 was completely destroyed in a fire.

All cash and ornaments meant for the marriage got burnt. The depressed girl had to be shifted to the GMCH-32. Eight other jhuggis were also gutted in the fire that broke out in the afternoon. "She is very stressed, but now doctors have advised her to return home. The girl and her mother are in a deep shock. They are yet to come to terms with their loss," Rahul, the girl's brother-in-law, told Chandigarh Tribune.

A woman shows the burnt jewellery of the bride-to-be

on Sunday.

"It was after much effort that we could find a match for her. But when it happened, the tragedy struck us a day before she was to tie the nuptial knot. The wedding is scheduled for Monday evening at the Community Centre, Sector 29. We will all sit tonight to decide what is to be done next," he added.

Anxious moments for kin

It was after much effort that we could find a match for her. But when it happened, the tragedy struck us a day before she was to tie the nuptial knot. The wedding is scheduled for Monday evening at the Community Centre, Sector 29. We will all sit tonight to decide what is to be done next. — Rahul, The girl's brother-in-law

He said the fire broke out in an adjacent shop where cotton was stocked. Soon, it engulfed all jhuggis one after another. Almost all goods kept in the nine jhuggis were destroyed in the fire. However, residents managed to remove gas cylinders in time. No one was hurt in the incident.

Fire officials said they got information about the blaze at 3.30 pm following which four fire engines were rushed to the spot. The firefighters were able to control the blaze in 20 minutes. However, the whole rescue operation took an hour. The cause of the fire was yet to be ascertained.

Fire broke out in afternoon

According to fire officials, they got information about the blaze at 3:30 pm following which four fire engines were rushed to the spot. The firefighters were able to control the blaze in 20 minutes. However, the whole rescue operation took an hour



from The Tribune https://ift.tt/34x3rpV

No comments:

Post a comment